The Squadron was first formed in 1947 with its Headquarters at the Old Drill Hall,
Borthyn Road, Ruthin. One year later a new Headquarters, at our present location,
was donated by the local RAFA. The original building is now the Drill Hall.
Over the years the Squadron has flourished, and many former cadets have taken up
careers in all branches of the Armed Forces. Other have carried out successful careers
in civilian life.
Vast achievements of the Squadron include representing the Wing in the Sir Alan Lees
Trophy in 1975, 1977, 1979, 1986 and 1993. We were also Regional Winners in 1976
and 1979, taking the runners up position (and therefore the Morris Trophy) in 1993.
Today, under the command of Flt Lt , the Squadron continues to grow with cadets undertaking
in a full programme of activities. In recent years the No 2 Welsh wing Band has represented
Wales & West Region at the National Competition held annually at RAF Halton. Cadets
continually represent the Squadron, Wing and beyond in sports and are active members
of the Wing in other respects.
To keep up-to-date with the Squadron's activities, please follow us on Twitter, and
like our Facebook page.